Wednesday, September 12, 2012

THIS is an OLD HOUSE

My curiosity of history is always piqued when I come across an old gem while driving rural roads. It's always a good day of exploring the North Carolina countryside when I bring along my friend Terie Christmas Davis http://wabisabiphotoart.com/.  Much of Terie's blog is written towards photographing things from the past. Terie grew up in this southern planet called North Carolina and speaks the local language. This comes in very handy when we run across a local wanting to know "What y'all doin' on this property photographin'?". Terie has already saved this Yankee boy with the New Yawk accent a couple of times. As a matter of fact, Terie usually strikes up a conversation with the folks and we get to learn all about the property. Sometimes we'll get a full history of the family who once lived there!

While riding around with Terie one day we came across this abandoned house not too far from my home in Denver, NC http://www.denvernc.com/. We didn't meet anyone that day so the history is a mystery. As I was photographing I noticed how the reflections of the trees and skies worked their way into old windows. The rusted shutter hardware and broken chair in the yard was just too cool! Please enjoy...................







 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for viewing the blog and have a great week!
 
John
 
 
 
Phone: 704 905 9403
 
 
 




6 comments:

Lori Jill said...

Nice post John. Especially liked the "history is a mystery" part!

Lori Jill said...

Nice post John! I specially liked the "history is a mystery" part.

Unknown said...

Thanks Lori!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks on creating one of the most stylish blogs I have come across in a long time! It's truly incredible how much you are able to take away from some thing simply because of how aesthetically gorgeous it is. Youve created a fantastic be site fantastic graphics , structure. site!

Unknown said...

Thanks for taking me along on your journeys through the back roads. Always ready to intervene on behalf of my Yankee friend LOL. We make a great pair searching for abandoned places. Love the processing on these, a different look for you.

Unknown said...

Thanks for taking me along on your journeys through the back roads. Always ready to intervene on behalf of my Yankee friend LOL. We make a great pair searching for abandoned places. Love the processing on these, a different look for you.