Friday, September 16, 2011

Hot Day, Hot Cars and Hot Photography! Photographing Classic Cars!

I love cars. I like the engines, the chrome, the lines, the body details and all of those things that create a car's unique character. So when the Food Lion Auto Fair makes it way to Lowes Motor Speedway I break out the Canon 7d and start shooting. Well it was hot, over 90, with the sun blaring down. A hot day with all those hot cars. Photographing cars can be challenging with the shiny metal surfaces and reflective chromes bouncing the light all over the place. So what do I do?  I seek out and photograph the true beauty of a car. I look for the light on the curvey fenders, those great hood ornaments, the shiny hubcaps, and those shapely bumpers. Now that's the way to photograph a car!

I was happy to arrive before the crowds and before the sun became blazing hot!


Lowes Motor Speedway



I've got a thing for old Corvettes!


And fast Chevies!




Self Portraits are easy when photographing freshly waxed cars and shiney hubcaps!










Lots of chracter in these beauties!




Tags!



Gotta love those hood ornaments and chrome mirrors!

I hope you enjoyed the car photos. If you know anyone who has a hot ride and wants some hot photos, contact me and I'll hook them up!

See you next week,

Peace,

John