Thursday, September 8, 2011

Love to Learn

A great thing about photography is that there is always something you can learn. I enjoy learning from other pro photographers who have developed an artistic style and a business model that has brought them a level of success. It's enlightening and so informative meeting a photographer who is confident about their work and successful in their business.

 I recently completed a Creative Portraiture course at the Light Factory  http://www.lightfactory.org/ . Teaching the class was Kim Hunter of Kim Hunter Studio www.kimhunterstudio.com . Kim is a talented portrait and wedding photographer who uses natural light and minimal gear to create her wonderful portraits. I enjoy working with natural light when creating portraits, so I found Kim's photographic insights and tips very helpful. Kim also spoke about her business approach and the use of social media within the photography market, great information!

The class had some great photo sessions in down town Charlotte. After a photo session, we held a photo critique and commented on each photo's content and composition. Without continuous critique of your work, it is difficult to grow as an artist. You also learn so much by seeing how other photographers compose and photograph a session. I really enjoy studying someones creative composition and personal style within a photograph. Always learning!

Here are some of my photos from the class, enjoy!

Some random people I met on the streets of Charlotte:

 
                                             






Some of Kim's friends I photographed in Charlotte:




Some of my classmates working it and having fun:





See you next week!

Peace, John

704 905 9403











No comments: