Friday, September 23, 2011

Concert Photography; Robert Randolph plays The Neighborhood Theatre

I really enjoy photographing musical artists. I love it when I get home and see I caught the magical energy of the musician. There are several venues in Charlotte that are alot of fun to watch live music. One of my favorite places to see a show is the Neighborhood Theatre ( http://www.neighborhoodtheatre.com/ ), located in the funky NODA district ( http://www.noda.org/ ). When Robert Randolph and the Family Band (http://www.robertrandolph.net/ ) played the Neighborhood Theatre, I grabbed the Canon 7D and got up close and personal with the band.

When photographing a concert at a place like the Neighborhood Theatre, you open the camera bag and grab the fast glass. I crank up the ISO on the 7D and open up the lens aperture. No flash photography here! When I process the photos, the noise reduction feature in the Lightroom 3 software gets a full blown workout. You gotta love the magic of digital photography!

Robert Randolph is a great guitar player, playing a pedal steel and electric guitar. Robert and the Family Band really brought it to the crowd with their bluesy rock jam playing. They also have alot of fun performing. It's always a good show when the crowd is up and dancing and Robert made sure his fans were enjoying themselves!


Robert Randolph




Talented Fingers


Playing it Jimi style!



Robert invites the ladies up on stage


Cousin Ray Ray on guitar


Sister Lenesha Randolph belting out some vocals


Keyboardist and guitarist Brett Andrew Haas


Danyel Morgan playing the bass




Please support live music!

If you enjoyed the photos and my blog, please let me know. Also, please feel free to share my blog and photos with anyone who may enjoy them.

See you next week!

Peace

John



























No comments: